Job Details: Acting Troupe Director, Portland, OR
Updated on: Monday, April 16, 2018
Seeking an organized and diligent candidate for the position of troupe director for The Murder Mystery Co. The individual will be responsible for taking charge as a strong, competent leader and enthusiastic role model for the Portland troupe.
Position Title: Acting Troupe Director, Portland, OR
Employment Type: Contractor
Location: Portland, OR
- Works about 10 to 15 hours per week (flexible schedule)
- Additional hours are determined based on shows booked in a given week; seasonal months have more consistent week-to-week hours (no less than 10 hours per week).
- All rehearsals take place near the downtown Portland, OR area
- All performances take place within the Northwestern United States.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position will require between 10 - 15 hours per week, with the likelihood for additional hours based on the quantity of shows during any given week. Regular duties will consist of the following:
- presiding over weekly rehearsals in a location central to the troupe
- attending mandatory company-wide conference calls once per month (scheduled six months in advance)
- attending and facilitating auditions for new actors as needed and making final hiring decisions (a minimum of two auditions per year)
- preparing and building show bins for upcoming scheduled performances
- reorganizing and checking show bins once returned from scheduled shows and following up on post-show reports (can be delegated to AD with monitoring)
- casting upcoming scheduled shows no less than three weeks in advance
- reporting both director and, if applicable, AD hours weekly
- depositing all show payments and mugshot sales (if applicable)
- working with regional managers to maintain up-to-date inventory